|Hygiene Supervisor (Dayshift)
At Scotbeef Ltd, we are a family-owned business with more than 100 years of experience in supplying high-quality meat products to the UK retail sector, foodservice, and export markets. Our company was founded in 1920 and is now run by the 4th generation of the Galloway family.
With sites strategically located throughout the UK, we have an exciting opportunity at our site in East Kilbride for a Hygiene Supervisor (dayshift) to join our team.
The main purpose of this role is to work closely with our Hygiene Manager in supervising the Hygiene team. You will oversee and also conduct cleaning and hygiene operations whilst complying with company operating requirements in full compliance with relevant Legal, National, Corporate and Retailer standards whilst delivering improved quality and hygiene to customers, and reduce complaints and cost to the organisation.
- Supervise Hygiene activities within site.
- Ensure required hygiene activities are completed to company standards including planned volume and schedule.
- Ensure strict adherence to quality, food safety, hygiene, ethical, product labelling and allergen handling processes.
- Support necessary line efficiency through consistent and correct scheduling and adherence and hygiene practices.
- Keep and maintain appropriate records as required.
- Ensure own familiarity and compliance with company policies and procedures, standards of operation and safe operating procedures.
- Ensure team’s consistent and timely attendance at work.
- Provide flexibility to meet company operating requirements.
- Provide pro- and re-active support, verbally and via written communication to team members, supervisors and managers.
- Ensure site is properly cleaned, and chemicals, expenditure and working hours are controlled.
- Ensure proper use of chemicals, adherence to food and personal safe working practices at all times
- Ensure audit readiness
- Support best team performance, efficiency, service levels and employee engagement.
- Develop enhanced and future fit employee skillset and flexibility.
- Support trainee development to ensure the ‘next generation’ workforce.
- Similar experience within the food industry would be advantageous.
- Speaking, writing and understanding good spoken and written English language. (This is an essential health & safety, traceability and quality control requirement which will be tested as part of the recruitment process N.B. English language support available).
- Basic numeracy skills.
- Attentive to detail – driving best standards and team performance.
- Working in a chilled environment.
- Flexible, adaptable and keen to learn.
- Learning and implementing new information quickly.
- Strong team leader supportive of other’s learning and development.
- Accreditation Food Hygiene equivalent at minimum level 2 or willing to work towards.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free parking
- Health & wellbeing programme
- On-site parking
- Day shift
Ability to Commute:
- East Kilbride (required)
Work Location: In person