- Monday-Friday (40 hours)
To ensure the smooth operation of the factory canteen, providing high quality, healthy food to employees in a professional manner and within budget.
- Ensure strict adherence to current Food Handling and Hygiene Laws
- Ensure that all monitoring and records are maintained (as per Food Safety Program) for inspection
- Provide a happy, supportive, and productive canteen environment, where customers feel valued and welcome
- Ensure a safe work environment is provided and safe working practices are followed at all times
- Ensure the economical ordering and checking of stock deliveries
- Ensure all incoming orders are monitored as per legislative and company requirements and that stock is stored and rotated accordingly
- Establish effective procedures for the canteen’s operation.
- Maintain accurate and complete records.
- Provide management reports as required.
- Ensure that the collection counting, receiving, and submission of monies are undertaken within established internal control guidelines.
- Observe internal controls relating to delivery/pick up of goods and signoff of invoices.
- Ensure strict adherence to quality, food safety, hygiene, ethical and allergen handling processes
- Ensure adherence to the traceability process and ensure product & labeling integrity at all times
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, standards of operation, and safe operating procedures
- Ensure consistent and timely attendance at work of self and team
- Ensure own and team provision of flexibility to meet company operating requirements
- Provide pro- and re-active and supportive verbal and written communication to team members, peers, and managers
- Speaking, writing, and understanding good spoken and written English. (This is an essential health & safety, traceability, team management, and quality control requirement which will be tested as part of the recruitment process)
- Good numeracy skills
- Attentive to detail
- Flexible, adaptable, keen to learn and support others’ learning
- Strong and effective team leader
- Accreditation Food Hygiene equivalent at minimum level 3
- Relate in a warm and professional manner with patrons
- Proven ability to run a canteen.
- Competitive Rate of Pay
- 29 days annual leave & up to 6 Service Days
- Annual Attendance Bonus
- Training and Progression Opportunities
- Generously Subsidised Canteen - £3 per week for hot breakfast and lunch
- Death in Service Benefit
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Bike 2 Work Scheme
- On-Site Parking